WearCheck TCS Senior Laboratory Technician
Main Job Functions:
- Responsible for the Laboratory operation, focusing on efficiencies, to achieve the Company’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that the branch meets its goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Minimum Education – Completed tertiary qualification in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Technology or similar.
- 5 years of professional experience in an Analytical Chemistry Laboratory or similar position, preferably in the diagnostic testing of insulating materials used in high-voltage electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of SANAS 17025.
- Intermediate Microsoft skills.
- Knowledge and experience of IEC and related Standards for diagnostic reporting.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, must be a team player, and show proven leadership ability.
- Must have time and change management skills.
- Calibration, operation and Primary maintenance on the following Analytical Chemistry Techniques, Gas and Liquid Chromatography, Coulometry, Electro Chemistry and Physical(Electrical) testing techniques of Insulating materials.
- Ensure all laboratory analytical testing and calibration is planned and performed accurately in accordance to work instructions as well as procedures
- Guarantee that the evaluation, reporting and interpretation of test results are accurately reported to customers according to the requirements by following recognised analytical standards, including the responsibilities of a technical signatory in accordance with SANAS 17025.
- Must be deemed competent and authorised to perform all calibration, test methods as well as utilization of all laboratory equipment.
- Manage consumables and ensuring that laboratory consumables are organised and stored according to safety instructions.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to personnel.
- Manage the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance in-line with the planned maintenance program.
- Train new employees on the safe use of laboratory equipment and accurately follow procedures.
- Manage the reliability and availability of all Laboratory equipment by checking processes and final output
- Sample registration and data capture in accordance with internal procedures.
Availability: The successful candidate must be available to start as soon as possible.
Applications close on 10th August 2018. If you have not received a response by 17th August 2018, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.